Kanamachi's Japanese language school "IECC Japanese Language School". It is a Japanese language school with a long history and a warm atmosphere that is strong in international cultural exchange and human resource development.
School Life

School Life

About life in Japan

table of contents

About Japan

The country of Japan has four seasons (spring, summer, autumn, and winter), and the climate differs depending on the season, so you will need a long-sleeved or short-sleeved shirt and long-sleeved or short-sleeved pants depending on the season. In winter, you will need warm clothing such as a coat and down.

Although the approximate temperature

Spring: 59℉-77℉
Summer: 68℉-95℉
Autumn: 50℉-77℉
Winter: 41℉-59℉


Around Nishi-Nippori Station, there are not only fast food and convenience stores, but also various shops such as Chinese shops and Western restaurants, so you will not have any problems with meals. You can finish your meal at a low cost. Among them, the "onigiri zen" is a rice ball shop run by a rice shop and is very delicious, so please try it!


Here is what is generally included in a contract for a residence:

At the time of contract

Compensation (security deposit)

 1-3 months' rent, partially returned at the end of the contract

Gratuities (key money)

1 month's rent given to the landlord as thanks.


1 month’s rent to the real estate agent.


Paid in advance.


When renting a room, foreigners need a Japanese guarantor, but these days guarantor companies are often used. In these cases, a fee of about 30% of the rent to must be paid to the guarantor company.

Contract period

About 1-2 years

At the end of the contract

Renewal fee → If the contract is renewed, one month's rent will be paid as a renewal fee.

Moving out

If you are moving, you must notify the real estate agent at least one month in advance.

Precautions when moving

  • Do not change the design of, paint, or put nails in the walls without the permission of the landlord.
  • If the condition of room when first moving in is not maintained, less of the security deposit will be returned to you when moving out in order to cover the repair costs.

Rent is a bit expensive in Tokyo, but older buildings and properties further from the station are relatively inexpensive, so there are cheaper options as well. If living with another person or two, it is possible to keep a large room to about 3 to 40,000 yen.

In addition, we have a student dormitory at our school to support your life.
Details will be announced after the enrollment procedure.

Commuting to school

Japan trains are punctual, inexpensive and convenient. If you buy a commuter pass, the round-trip train fare will be even cheaper. Please purchase a commuter pass at the "Green Window" at the nearest station.

If you have a house a short walk from the station, it is a good idea to commute by bicycle. If you purchase a new bicycle at Japan, you must register it for crime prevention and purchase insurance at the store where you purchased it, and park your bicycle in a fixed place. If you wish to commute by bicycle to our school, please apply to the office of our school and use the bicycle parking lot.

About part-time job

International students can work part-time for up to 28 hours in one week. If the school is on vacation, you can work up to 40 hours, but you cannot work unless you submit a certificate issued by the school to your part-time job.

In addition, permission for activities outside the status of qualification is required. You can get permission to engage in activities outside the status of qualification on the spot if you submit the application form specified by the Immigration Bureau at the time of immigration.

Please note that overtime work, sex shops and dimly lit places are prohibited.

  • internet and magazines
  • Referrals from seniors, friends and acquaintances
  • Part-time job placement https://jsite.mhlw.go.jp/tokyo-foreigner/

You can also look for a part-time job from such as.

As for the industry,

  • Fast food
  • Izakaya
  • convenience store
  • Supermarket

And so on.

Residence card

Residence cards are issued to medium- to long-term residents in conjunction with permission to land, change of status of residence, and extension of period of stay.

If "Cannot work" is written in the "Presence or absence of work restrictions" column on the front of the residence card, in principle, you cannot work part-time, but check the "permission column for activities outside the status of qualification" on the back of the residence card.

  • "Only work activities based on status of residence are allowed"
  • "Only work activities specified by the designation form are allowed"
  • "Permission (in principle, up to 28 hours per week, excluding engaging in entertainment business, etc.)"
  • "Permission (activities within the scope stated in the permission for activities outside the status of qualification)"

If it is listed, it is possible to work part-time.

*There are no restrictions in the case of "No work restrictions".

Bank account explanation

Even foreigners staying in Japan can open a bank account if they are studying abroad for a long period of 6 months or more.

How to open

  • Residence card of the person
  • Seal
  • Passport

is required.

Enrollment in National Health Insurance

After notifying your address, you should immediately apply for National Health Insurance. By purchasing insurance, international students can receive the same coverage as Japan people. You can complete the procedure at the National Health Insurance Division of the nearest ward office.

About life in Japan
A Japanese language school in Nishinippori with a long history that is strong in international cultural exchange and human resource development. Enhancing multicultural symbiosis and developing the international community.

IECC Japanese Language School was established in 1984 for the purpose of international cultural exchange and human resource development. I have devoted myself to contributing to the development of the international community through the realization of people's dreams, the sharing of different values and cultures of each country, and the fostering of multicultural symbiosis. After that, in 2012, we were reorganized under a new management organization and have continued to this day. We are engaged in educational activities that enhance sexuality.